We constantly look for passionate and talented people. We feed on the energy of creativity and collaboration supported by innovative integration of technology. We look beyond the expected by reinventing and discovering new approaches in each and every task. We are a work in progress. We welcome and eagerly implement change in order to lead and make this journey fun. If you can help us think differently and create smarter and you want to to be a part of a fun, solution-oriented environment, here is where to send your resume: email@example.com
Media Ingest and Encoding Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for providing technical support including editing, file ingest, transcoding, encoding and mastering of video files to/from a multitude of formats. They will also engage with our team to develop and support workflows, troubleshoot issues, and provide customer service to clients. In addition they will research, design, test, evaluate, document and implement media solutions. We’re looking for someone who has technical creativity and is interested in advancing their career in a System Design and Engineering path with mentoring provided by our Sr. Systems Engineers.
- Editing, ingesting, transcoding, encoding and mastering of video files to/from a multitude of formats.
- Performing quality control assessments of content created internally or provided by client.
- Coordinating closed captioning of files.
- Troubleshooting issues.
- Helping to create, define, document and evolve effective workflows.
- Engaging with clients and team members to address technical issues.
- Supporting client SLAs.
- Researching, testing and evaluating new technologies and systems.
- Acting as technical director for live studio events.
- Providing facility technical support and software/hardware upgrade administration.
- Engaging in pre/post sales efforts and trade show demos.
- Cross-training with other team members to provide redundancy.
- 4 year degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in media editing, systems and workflows
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and Manzanita preferred.
- Project management skills to support various workflows within our businesses and supported clients.
- Strong communication skills and past experience in a customer facing role.
- Self-directed, forward thinking, flexible and innovative with a strong desire to learn, grow and take on new challenges.
- Experience learning complicated processes quick
- Strong problems solving skills
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays to support client SLAs.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be able to lift packages up to 30 lbs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note Media Ingest and Encoding Specialist in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Post-Production Systems Administrator
A world-class post-production facility and systems integration company in Minneapolis is looking for a sharp, creative, and generally awesome Systems Administrator. Perks of this job include getting to work with bright, creative minds, a great atmosphere, and the joy of working around some seriously cutting edge visual effects, video, audio and networking equipment. There’s also all that normal stuff you’d expect, like health insurance, the right to wear jeans, cold press on tap, and a beautiful downtown Warehouse District location.
You’ll be a classic studio sysadmin, guaranteeing the maximum possible uptime for over 100 internal systems, as well as video systems for a growing list of international clients. We’re asking a lot from you. But it’s a great place to learn and grow. So grab your favorite beverage and settle in while we go through the job requirements:
- Bring a flexible and innovative mindset to the job. Help us think of better, more efficient ways to do everything we do. And be able to learn how to manage some of the coolest tech in the industry.
- Have patience with us and our customers as you guide us through a growing set of Information Security requirements handed down to us from customers. Manage the analysis, risk assessment, implementation, testing, auditing and ultimately document our security procedures.
- Implement a ticketing system to help us track issues and document what you learn about the environment.
- Support our Media Asset Management (MAM) systems and their web interfaces, connectivity, backup, archive, and restore functions for those systems.
- Manage a few IT vendors who provide support for some of our systems. According to your skillset, you may take over some of their tasks, but given the amount of technology we have here, we don’t expect anyone to be able to do it all on day 1.
- Have some Storage Area Network (SAN) experience, preferably with Xsan and/or StorNext as well as iSCSI (e.g. Small Tree).
- Know your way around OS X Server and Windows 2012 Server.
- Configure monitoring alerts in Nagios.
- Manage our firewalls, routers, switches (from fibre to 10 gig to iSCSI), Wireless Access Points (WAPs), and other network appliances.
- Manage Mac and Windows desktop computers, hopefully standardizing our configurations.
- Work with Broadcast, Media & Entertainment customers to provide the networking necessary for us to integrate world class video systems that make their businesses more creative.
We also have file shares, Mac App Store accounts, Backup and Restore using multiple LTO libraries, FileMaker Pro databases, a mail server, web servers, SQL servers, a phone system, FTP servers and many, many more toys. Our post-production team thrives on innovation so you’ll be expected to present new ideas of how our IT infrastructure can not only stay up-to-date but be a competitive edge for us in the coming years.
Are you still with us?
As with the technology stack at most companies, you’re probably not going to know how to do all of this. And that’s OK. Because we like to provide guidance. We expect you to know a bunch of the stuff on our list. But we don’t expect that anyone can know it all. So you’ll have to know how to research, learn, troubleshoot and document all while being nice to people, especially when the pressure is on to fix it now. And we mean now. Be ready to innovate and create systems for better employee and client experiences. Be ready to help us be everything we can be. We’ll return the favor.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note Post-Production Sys Admin in the subject line of your email
No phone calls or drop-ins please.